Community Service Committee
The Community Service Committee of the Rotary Club of Uxbridge is focussed on making a positive impact on the lives of citizens and on improving the condition of community facilities and programs.
Annually, the Club raises funds through a variety of initiatives, including the Trip-of-the-Month Club lottery, Uxbridge Rotary Christmas Home Tour, Rotary Scrap Metal Day and most recently, the Rotary Bottle Drive, all of which enable the club to give back to the local community. The group co-operates with other local service clubs to enrich opportunities for the local community.
Skatepark and Pump Park
The Rotary Club of Uxbridge spearheaded the construction of The Skateboard Park and the Pump Park in cooperation with the Uxbridge Optimists, Township of Uxbridge and other community stakeholders.
Blood Donor Clinics
One hopes you never need their product. However, the need is great and Uxbridge residents illustrate time and again their willingness to give. The Rotary Club of Uxbridge sponsors and provides refreshments to our local Canadian Blood Services blood donor clinics eight times a year. Click here to learn more about our Blood Donor Clinics.
Annual Seniors Thanksgiving Dinner
A highlight of the year for many seniors in our community. The Rotary Club of Uxbridge members prepare and serve a traditional Thanksgiving feast for over 200 community seniors.
Trail Capital of Canada
The Rotary Club of Uxbridge takes a hands-on approach of working with the local trails committee in the implementation of trail maintenance and expansion.
Future Accessible Playground
The Rotary Club of Uxbridge is collaborating with the Uxbridge Lions Club for a future accessible playground to be installed in Elgin Park.
The Rotary Bandshell and Rotary Lookout
The Club was instrumental in the construction of both the Rotary Bandshell and the Rotary Lookout and is responsible for their ongoing maintenance.
The Rotary Club of Uxbridge aims to make Uxbridge a better place to live. The Club supports, partners with, or contributes to these worthy endeavours:
- Fantasy of Lights
- Collecting donations for our local and area Food Banks
- Operation Warm Hearts, which collects, cleans and redistributes gently used winter coats, boots, mitts, and scarfs.
- Salvation Army Family Christmas Fund supporting families in need.
- The Basketeers provide generously filled laundry baskets with new household necessities to assist women leaving the shelter system.
- The Huck Finn Fishing Derby
- The Jennifer Ashleigh Society
- The Lucy Maud Montgomery Garden Tour
- Supporting the local arts community by contributing to uxperience and the Springtide Music Festival